Friday, 23 March 2012

Lemon Cheesecake Dream Dessert

Hello My Followers,
I simply cannot believe how quickly this week is passing us by....Friday already. Weather wise it has been crappy weather for a couple of weeks now...pouring rain, gale force winds and a tornado!!!! (Still cannot believe that Townsville got a tornado). I am sorry for those who were in the firing line, and pray that they will get their lives back into line sooner rather than later...thank heavens it wasn't anyone I know. And.....I cannot believe I haven't dipped into the chocolate vat or ice-cream bucket in my bad-weather depression...... or boredom......which ever came first. I have a history for being very vunerable in these sort of conditions and many a diet has gone south as a result. Cyclone Yasi had me out the back door, what with no power for a week and having to make do with whatever we could find/ cook on our little primus stove.


So this time we are patting ourselves on the back...we have passed the 'fructose free test' with flying colours..... not one slip up. I cannot wait to see the results of my discipline at my weigh in on Saturday morning although I feel I have plateaued this week.


Before I go on with my rant for today, I have to give a very special thanks to Princess Bec...she is giving me such encouragement with sticking to my program by commenting regularly on how I look like I have lost so much weight. How can I not love her. So thank you Princess Bec......just wait until my scales say I have reached my goal weight!!! Yahoo!!!!


As many of you know, I am a follower of the Sweet Poison facebook page and am constantly amazed at some of the success stories posted especially the ones where there was no weight loss to start with for two or three months and then it began. This is my story also. Ralphy and I actually started our 'diet' a few days into the New Year (see my first blog 'In the Beginning'). Ralphy started to slowly lose weight after a couple of weeks but it took around 6 weeks before I started the slide south on the scales. Why I am saying this is that I have had a few people personally email me lately that they have started the sugar/ fructose free diet thanks to the added motivation from my blog, and nothing has happened weight loss wise to date. Here is my advice......be patient AND DON"T GIVE UP!!!!! It will happen. Some lose weight quickly, others take awhile. I don't really know the reason why except to say that we are all different.


And it is this difference as to why some of us can eat bucket loads of sugar our whole life and never put on any weight or develop health problems, and others have only to smell it and put on a kilo (or two). I am sure you know HORRIBLE people like this!!! I was actually reading a report last night following research conducted that has found our bodies produce two types of enzymes for handling fructose digestion.....and it all depends on which one you have the more of as to whether sugar affects you or not. One stores fructose as fat (Fatty Liver, Metabolic Syndrome, Diabetes) and the other protects the body from these diseases. So.......it is all genetics again!!!!! Anyone interested, here is the story:
http://www.wellbeing.com.au/newsdetail/This-fructose-is-making-me-fatty_000623#.T2f9f3mRXWg.twitter


Okay....recipe time. Today we are making a yummy dessert....yes a dessert again!!!!!! And it is really, truly, moorish.


Lemon Cheesecake Dream


Serves 6
Ingredients
Bottom layer


  • 250g cream cheese
  • 1/3 cup lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon lemon rind
  • 3/4 cup dextrose
  • 3 teaspoons powdered gelatine
  • 250mls cream
Middle Layer
  • 2 nectarines or can use other fruits in season
  • 1/3 cup dextrose or to taste
  • squeeze lemon and a few thin slivers of lemon rind
  • 3/4 level teaspoon cornflour

Top Layer
  • 200 mls whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup dextrose
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 
  • toasted almond flakes
Method
Place 4 tablespoons hot boiling water in a cup and sprinkle over the gelatine powder to dissolve it. Let cool.
Beat cream cheese, lemon juice, rind and dextrose for 4-5 minutes. Add cooled gelatine. 
Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
Spoon mixture evenly into 6 wine glasses.
Place in fridge to set.

For fruit layer
Thinly slice the fruits and place in a saucepan with a 1/4 cup of water and the dextrose and lemon juice and rind. Cook over a medium heat until the fruits are cooked and the fluid reduced slightly. 
Dissolve the cornflour in a tiny amount of water and add to the saucepan a little at a time until the fluid has thickened a little - enough to coat the spoon.
Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.

Top Layer
Whip cream until soft peaks form. Add dextrose and vanilla - make sure not to overwhip the cream.

Assembly
Spoon fruit on to top of cheese mixture and then drizzle over the sauce.
Place a spoon or two of flavoured cream on top of this layer and then psrinkle with the toasted almond flakes.

And that is it. Ready to go....and sooooo yummy.

It is a treat not to be had every day as there are calories in it. But the body will recognise all of the dextrose and produce insulin to metabolise it into energy, and not fat as would happen if we used sugar.... and you will still be fructose free and in control of your appetite.

And the big thing to remember is (especially if you are wanting to not put weight on and are sugar/fructose free)... don't eat until you again feel hungry and all this energy has been used up. Listen to your body. Of course if you still consume sugar, be prepared to be hungry in a few hours when your body is wanting another sugar fix. Is a light turning on yet?

Well that is it for today.

And you just know what I am going to say..... sleep tight cherubs and don't let the bed-bugs bite.....Noels

No comments:

Post a Comment