Hi Everyone,
Well..... Ralphy and I have had a plateau week....meaning treading water - no weight loss. Blast! But this is to be expected every now and then...let's just hope it isn't long in the 'happening' and things begin to move again very soon.
But as I said in my last blog, I also half expected it. And this is because during the second half of the week, I found myself eating allowable foods but it was when I WASN"T HUNGRY. Yep. Several times there was a meal break at work and because I had brought something to have meal wise, sat down and ate it when I wasn't hungry. My body didn't need it...it still had calories to burn from an earlier meal. But I didn't listen and sat down and dined when I shouldn't have. I didn't listen to my appetite control centre....and paid the price accordingly. I didn't gain weight...but I didn't lose any either even though the beginning of the week had sooooooo much potential. (Sorry Princess Bec... haven't lived up to your expectations this week).
And this weekend hasn't been too great either. I went to visit my mum who lives out of town, and for reasons I won't go into here, found myself eating more than my body wanted. It was all allowable food...it was just that there was just too much of it. So the remainder of this week is going to be a lean week for me with a lot of reconnecting with my appetite centre and getting back in the 'loop'.
As for Ralphy, I think he has done the same sort of thing eating my yummy Lemon Cheesecake Dream desserts when he wasn't hungry etc. But the main thing is we haven't sinned badly and certainly not had any sugar...so it shouldn't be too hard to get back into the swing of things.
But it does prove a point that weight issues etc can be influenced by many things including boredom, over indulgence, routines, and habits. What I will try and remember this week is for instance, if it is lunch time and I am not hungry...go without....there is always afternoon tea...and if still not hungry, go without again - there is always dinner. Don't be scared to miss a meal or two. It won't kill you if you are not hungry. It just means your body still has calories and energy to burn and doesn't need a top up at this stage.
The recipe for today is for a quick lunch or main meal and involves brown rice. I actually often cook up a quantity of brown rice part of which I use immediately with the remainder to be frozen into little containers to quickly thaw out for a quick work lunch some future time. So here is todays recipe aimed for the day when you want a quick meal after doing the weeks shopping. The ingredients suggested make this meal a quickie, but you can adapt it accordingly.
Chicken Stir Fry with Brown Rice
Serves 2
Ingredients
2 Tablespoons of oil (preferably avocado or coconut) or lard
1 diced onion
2 cloves crushed fresh garlic
1/3 cup finely diced red capsicum
1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes optional
1/2 cup finely sliced mushrooms (I like to use swiss brown mushrooms if the budget allows it)
1 bunches of choy sum (or other asian greens) finely sliced
1/2 cup sliced french beans
1 1/2 cups cooked and thawed brown rice (already cooked in the freezer)
1/2 cup steamed/ microwaved quartered brussel sprouts or brocollini (or whatever other vegetable you prefer)
1 cup shredded cooked chicken (I get this from the deli/supermarket)
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup coconut milk
salt (and pepper) to taste
Parmesan cheese shaved to dress the dish
Method
Heat oil or lard in a fry pan. Toss in onion, garlic, capsicum and chilli flakes and cook until the onion is transparent.
Add the mushrooms, french beans and asian greens (choy sum) and keep tossing until the mushrooms and beans are cooked through and the greens wilted.
Next add the chicken and when heated through, add the brown rice and toss well.
Finally add the coconut milk and lemon juice a little at a time until you get the flavour you like. I usually add all the lemon as above, but you may prefer a little more or less.
Season with salt and pepper...I only use salt as I am not a lover of pepper but do love the chilli flakes that are optional.
And voila!!! Your lunch/ dinner is ready.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. It is very tasty and satisfying with a shaving of parmesan cheese on the top.
And that is your blimin' lot for the week!!!
Oops...meant to say "Sleep tight cherubs and don't let the bed bugs bite".....Noels
No comments:
Post a Comment